Summer Stuffed Aubergines
This is a quick, easy and delicious mid week summer supper or as a starter to share. Great with our Beetroot, Mint and Honey dip.
- 1 x aubergine
- 2 x red/yellow/or orange peppers
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 150g feta
- Fresh mint
- 50g mixed seeds of your choice
- Ownsworth rapeseed oil
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees/fan assisted /200 degrees non fan
- Cut the aubergine length ways in half, cut around the edge of the flesh leaving a 1 cm edge and scoop out the flesh leaving just enough to create a case for the filling (try not to cut through the skin)
- Place the aubergine cases onto a non-stick tray with baking parchment, skin side down and rub a little rapeseed oil into the exposed flesh
- Chop the scooped out aubergine flesh into small pieces, chop the peppers, garlic, mint and combine in a bowl with the mixed seeds (we used sunflower, pumpkin & linseed) rapeseed oil, and seasoning. Use plenty of rapeseed oil as the aubergines tend to soak up plenty when baking.
- Fill the aubergine cases with the mixture, bake for 25 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add some crumbled feta, sprinkle with mint and serve!
Tip - You can add the feta in with the main mixture if you like it warm!
Share your creations via our social accounts @thedipsociety!